I.B.I. Investment House is bound by the principles of the Code of Conduct that embodies the principles and the values in which it believes. Each employee is expected to adhere to the Code of Conduct and apply it in all his/her activities and in all dealings with other functions within the company and with external parties, such as clients, suppliers and the community in which we operate. Our commitment as an employer is binding personally on all the people who work for us.
Section A: Employer - employee relations
- We respect human rights and as such we are committed to honoring the rights of our employees.
- We do not discriminate (on the grounds of gender, race, background, ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, political views, nationality and sexual orientation) and do not tolerate prejudice of any kind.
- We respect our duties as an employer and are committed to keeping employees informed about their rights and the terms of their employment.
- We invest in the career development of our employees.
- Our employees are expected to see themselves as representing the company in everything they do and are required to conduct themselves properly and maintain our good name.
- Employees must not use their positions to achieve personal objectives or personal gain.
- Employees must carry out their duties diligently, take personal responsibility for the consequences of their actions and report all problems and issues whenever they arise.
- Employees must keep confidential any knowledge they acquire during the course of their employment at I.B.I., including professional knowhow and information on our clients.
Section B: Environment and the community at large
- Caring for the environment is a core value for us. As such we recognize that natural resources belong to the wider community and must be cared for and preserved for the benefit of future generations.
- We comply with environmental laws and regulations and implement the rules and directives of public agencies in charge of environmental protection.
- We are committed to making our business practices more environmentally - friendly through initiatives such as the development of sustainable products, adopting advanced environmentally - friendly technologies, reusing and recycling items and materials wherever possible and ensuring waste is disposed of safely.
- Environmental considerations are also a priority for us when it comes to investing in other companies, regardless of whether the money invested is our own or that of our clients.
- We will appoint an environmental policy coordinator whose role will be to oversee the implementation of group policy on recycling and sustainability.
I.B.I. harnesses its capabilities and resources - both financial and human - to help advance and empower the communities it operates in.
Underpinning our engagement with society at large is the ongoing dialog we maintain with local communities with a view to empowering them and giving them practical assistance rather than just charitable donations.
- We will encourage skills development in the community mainly by creating job opportunities and providing training.
- Our business practices require us to source at least of some our business supplies from small businesses locally.
- We will allocate funds for contributions to social and charitable causes, depending on the scale of our revenue and profit.
- We encourage our employees to engage in volunteering and run a program in which employees are able to get involved in the company's chosen social causes in their spare time.
- We will give suppliers and contractors a fair opportunity to offer their goods and services and will review contractual engagements once a year in accordance with the company's procurement procedures.
- All agreements with suppliers/contractors shall have an appendix including an undertaking by the supplier or contractor to abide by the terms set forth in section C below.
- Our business practices require us to give priority to businesses in outlying regions and to give a fair opportunity to bid for contracts to suppliers from development towns and also suppliers offering products that meet our environmental responsibility guidelines.
Section C - Relationships with clients
I.B.I. views its clients as the base underpinning its ability to operate and to continue growing. It is therefore crucial that the people who work for us adhere to the following six core values that we believe in and which guide us in the way we do business:
We put these values into practice by dynamically tailoring company products in accordance with the changing needs of clients, building a professional, best - in class service offering, and strictly safeguarding the confidentiality and privacy of information regarding our clients.
We are committed to working in the clients' best interests and remain mindful of their changing needs. We therefore make a point of keeping abreast of market developments so as to be able to offer clients the best and most comprehensive service at any given time.
Maintaining the highest standards of professionalism, reliability and loyalty to clients means that we strive to offer the best possible service at any given time irrespective of the changes in the rate of profit on our products, the competitive environment or other factors over which we have control and influence.
We shall always endeavor to achieve the best possible outcomes for our clients
We seek to be innovative in the way we develop our business by having a thorough understanding of the way financial markets operate and designing new tools and products to enhance our range of services, all of which are subject to a thorough audit and quality assurance review.
We are committed to the highest standards of transparency in our dealings with both external clients and our staff, including the full and immediate disclosure of any conflicts of interest. Where such instances arise, we shall not take any action until we have obtained the consent of the client in question, provided the proposed transaction is the client's interest.
We will do whatever it takes to prove ourselves worthy of the profound trust our clients have placed in us as the entity managing their money and savings.
Section D - Relations and dealings between group companies
At I.B.I. we rigorously safeguard the intellectual property of each of our group companies and conduct all internal dealings and engagements in an open, timely and fully transparent manner.
Group companies and employees will work together, in accordance with all statutory provisions, to give our clients a professional, fair and unbiased service that benefits from the contribution of each company in its respective field of expertise.
Group companies and employees shall always act in the clients' best interests and will advise clients of conflicts as soon as they arise.